Seasoned Team of Professionals
We started Intrinsic Value Partners (IVP) in 2012 after nine years of working together. We provide discretionary investment management services to trusts, estates, institutions, company retirement plans, small businesses, charities, individuals, families and their related entities. Collectively, we have over 45 years of experience.
Three Guiding Principles
We run our business using these guiding principles:
Advisor for life philosophy
Our clients’ trust us to act in their best interests because our goal is to be our client’s financial advisor for life.
We seek to buy stocks of high quality businesses with competent and ethical managers where the stocks are trading at a discount to the business’s true value. Not many investments fit all of these criteria so we have learned to be patient.
We will concentrate our time and resources on what we do best, researching investments, managing portfolios, and taking care of our clients. Since we are specialists, we will partner with other specialists in areas where we do not have expertise, such as taxes, estate planning, and insurance. We believe in the need to work within our circle of competence instead of trying to be all things to all people.
- We believe in active management.
- We invest primarily in individual stocks for our clients.
- We have a unique investment philosophy.
- We read SEC filings and company annual reports when we research our companies.
- We believe risk is defined as permanent loss of principal, not volatility.
- We are long-term buy and hold investors.
- We invest with conviction.
- We own many of the same stocks and mutual funds that our clients do.
- We don’t sell products and are never paid a commission.
- We focus our time and energy on what we do best.
- We are particularly good at helping clients stretch out their portfolios when they are withdrawing money from their accounts.
- Our primary source of new business comes from referrals - from current clients, CPAs, estate planning attorneys and other professionals that we work with.